BEVERLY MARTEL is set to release the first single from LIQUID MONK 'On the Rocks' feat. Jaye Prime & Hugo Biggs on June 16th
AVEC SANS are heading out on a USA tour followed by a UK tour in September
AVEC SANS album Heartbreak Hi Back cover
BEVERLY MARTEL TO RELEASE COURTESY TIER ALBUM “EVERYONE’S OK” ON AUGUST 12TH
COURTESY TIER will release their album “Everyone’s OK” on Beverly Martel on August 12th.
The album was produced by CHRIS “FRENCHIE” SMITH with one track produced by PETER KATIS. The album was mixed by Z Z Top producer JOE HARDY.
The band will be heading out on tour, dates to be announced shortly.
AVEC SANS release their debut album on Beverly Martel on June 3rd
COURTESY TIER are playing a series of shows leading up to SXSW
AVEC SANS release a new single "Heartbreak Hi" on BEVERLY MARTEL on March 4th. The track was produced by Jack St James from the band.
COURTESY TIER will be playing 4 shows at CMJ in New York next week
BEVERLY MARTEL is to release a COURTESY TIER EP on November 6th.Produced by Austin TX rock producer hero CHRIS "FRENCHIE" SMITH.
MoZella and Tim Myers’ new single, ‘”Each Other Brother” comes out today and will be featured in tomorrow’s episode of “Grey’s Anatomy.”
Click the iTunes link to preview and download.
Pitchfork.com is currently debuting The National’s cover of The Philistines Jr. track “Twenty Miles To N.H. (Part 2)”.
As previously reported, Connecticut indie-pop act the Philistines Jr. have recruited a loaded lineup of bands to record covers and remixes of their 2010 album If a Band Plays in the Woods…?. The resulting compilation, If a Lot of Bands Play in the Woods…, is available November 1 via Tarquin Records/Beverly Martel.
The album features contributions from the National, Jónsi and Alex, Mercury Rev, Frightened Rabbit, Tokyo Police Club, Tapes ‘N Tapes, and Oneida, among others.
Click HERE to check out the entire feature!
(photo: The National)
The Philistines Jr. have enlisted top indie artists such as THE NATIONAL, JONSI & ALEX, MATES of STATE, TOKYO POLICE CLUB, WE WERE PROMISED JETPACKS, TAPES ‘N TAPES,MERCURY REV and many others to cover and remix their acclaimed 2010 album ‘If A Band Plays in the Woods…?’ The collection ‘If A Lot of Bands Play In The Woods….’ is available now, via Tarquin Records/Beverly Martel. See below for a complete tracklisting.
The double LP includes the entire original album plus covers or remixes of each song. All of the participating artists have previously worked with Philistines Jr. songwriter/producer PETER KATIS, who has helmed some of the most important indie releases of the last decade.
Download the album below:
‘If A Lot Of Bands Play In The Woods…’ Track List
Disk 1 (Original Album)
01. (Set List Title: Cableguy) - THE PHILISTINES JR.
02. The Bus Stop Song - THE PHILISTINES JR.
03. B - THE PHILISTINES JR.
04. Tarquin’s Half-assed Mission Statement - THE PHILISTINES JR.
05. If I Did Nothing But Train For Two Years, I Bet I Could Be In The Olympics - THE PHILISTINES JR.
06. Hell No! We Won’t Go! - THE PHILISTINES JR.
07. My Brother, The Green Beret - THE PHILISTINES JR.
08. Twenty Miles To N.H. - THE PHILISTINES JR.
09. Working Title: The Mob - THE PHILISTINES JR.
10. If A Band Plays In The Woods…? - THE PHILISTINES JR.
11. A Trip Down The Rooster River - THE PHILISTINES JR.
12. The End Of The World, Again. - THE PHILISTINES JR.
Disk 2 (Covers/Remix Album)
01. (Set List Title: Cableguy) - THE KISSAWAY TRAIL
02. Bushaltestelle (The Bus Stop Song) - LOCAS IN LOVE
03. B - JONSI & ALEX
04. Tarquin’s Half-assed Mission Statement - MATES OF STATE
05. If I Did Nothing But Train For Two Years, I Bet I Could Be In The Olympics - DAZZLED KID
06. Hell, No! We Won’t Go! - WE WERE PROMISED JETPACKS
07. My Brother Tom, The Green Beret - FRIGHTENED RABBIT
08. Twenty Miles To NH(Part 1) - DEWANATRON
09. Twenty Miles To NH(Part 2) - THE NATIONAL
10. Working Title: The Mob Song - NICO MUHLY
11. If A Band Plays In The Woods…? - TAPES ‘N TAPES
12. A Trip Down The Rooster River - MICE PARADE
13. The End Of The World, Again. - MERCURY REV
14. (Set List Title: Cableguy) - THE MOMMYHEADS
15. The Bus Stop Song - JAMES KOCHALKA SUPERSTAR
16. B - ONEIDA
17. Working Title: The Mob Song- GOLDEN BLOOM
18. (Set List Title: Cableguy) - TOKYO POLICE CLUB
19. The End Of The World, Again – DOVEMAN
MoZella’s latest single “Hold On” is available today on iTunes.
The track, which was co-wrtitten with legendary Motown songwriter Brian Holland (“Stop! In the Name of Love”, “You Can’t Hurry Love”, “How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved by You)”, and “You Keep Me Hangin’ On” just to name a few) will be featured on tonight’s episode of ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy.
Click below to buy the track now!
A City On A Lake, the solo project by producer / songwriter ALEX WONG is due for release on Beverly Martel Records July 17! Head on over to the official ACOAL website which is now live by clicking HERE.
Upon the albums release, ACOAL will be embarking on a two week tour of the east coast as a trio with mega talented musicians Ximena Sarinana (synths, bass, vocals) and Kevin Rice (drums and effects). A few other special guests will join the band in New York and Boston. Further details are below.
The Brian Holland Sessions by MoZella is now available via Belle Isle / Beverly Martel. This exciting new album was co-written by Motown legend Brian Holland – songwriter of over 25 #1 Motown songs – and co-produced by Holland along with Dave Wilder (Macy Gray & Ghostface Killah).
Mozella – who seamlessly blends her charismatic vocals and charming personality with carefully crafted pop, soul, and jazz – was a perfect compliment to Holland’s songwriting, synonymous with what is arguably considered the greatest period of American songwriting history. Holland is responsible for classic songs such as “(Love Is Like A) Heat Wave” for Martha and the Vandellas, “How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved by You)” for Marvin Gaye, “Baby I Need Your Loving” for the Four Tops and hit songs by The Supremes like “Baby Love,” “Stop! In the Name of Love,” and “You Keep Me Hangin’ On.”
Within a few weeks of writing together, Mozella and Holland put together a 10-song album of sophisticated R&B and memorable pop melodies using Motown’s signature foundation of rhythmic bass and drums.
With songs such as the driving “Another You,” the romantic “Exception” and the sweeping “You Don’t Love Anyone But Yourself,” “The Brian Holland Sessions” is an undeniable album of catchy symphonic doo-wop and soul, sung by an accomplished artist and composed by an unparalleled legend.
Ari Shine’s new album Ghost Town Directory is released today. The album has been described as Shine’s most personal and realized work. Click on the iTunes link below to download the album.
Lions In The Street have released a new EP on Beverly Martel titled ‘On The Lam’. The EP was mixed in Los Angeles by Rick Parker (Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Lord Huron), and is available now!